Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summertime...well, almost.  Hot and humid here on the shores of Lake Michigan today.  Though, I'll admit, it is "cooler by the lake" -- by about four degrees.  This past Saturday was Scrap and Stamp, our monthly get-together at church where we spend seven hours of crafting and grazing on yummy snacks, and meeting new people.  It is so much fun.  I got a couple of pages done in between visiting with everyone.  
My take on CFC57 using acetate or vellum is this card.  Birthday's by the ton coming up this summer and I will get it off to someone, no doubt.


I am a big fan of using up "old stuff", and that's what I did with this card.  I stuck 3 flower stickers from the Paper Studio onto a scrap of blue vellum, fussy cut them out, and colored the centers black.  They looked fine blue, but I wanted to tie the card's touches of black all together.  I found an MaMBI frame from about, oh, 2004 (!) and taped it onto the SU cardstock card base.  Pop-dotted the flowers in the center, and added "Happy Birthday" from MFT's Birthday Princess set.  I really like this concept.  Hopefully, whoever gets this card will be doing the Happy Dance.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Gorgeous card! Those flowers are beautiful! Thanks for playing along this week at CASual Fridays!

Lynn said...

I love those gorgeous sweet little flowers! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa A. said...

Wow...stickers on vellum...those are wonderful stickers, making some really pretty vellum flowers with shine:)!! A beautiful way to use up "old stuff"...simply lovely:)!! Thanks for sharing your creativity this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!