Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday afternoon, and instead of deadheading my roses, and pulling a few weeds, I decided to play.  Dinner is easy tonight, laundry is done, so...play time!!
I remembered something this week.  I find that, for me, my main source of inspiration comes from the people I make cards or scrapbooks for.  Funny how mediocre things turn out for my designs when a specific person has not been the primary thought behind the creation.  Gotta keep that in mind.  It isn't a problem with eight kids, plus spouses, plus 17 grandkids...and let's not even get into the rest of the family! ; )  I think I've got my inspiration covered!  This one is for a daughter, and I thought I'd play the SSSC161 Challenge.  It was fun, and once again, I used a boatload of scraps.  Love doing that. (Of course when one is a "paperaholic", scraps are easy to come by!)


The polka dot paper is Wisteria Dot from Bazzill, the other purples are just scraps.  The white is a scrap of SU cardstock, and I used SU markers for the hair and greenery.  The flower & shoes were colored with SU watercolor pencils then blended.  Copic markers for the little lady, and a scrap for her dress.  She was stamped with StazOn.  MFT supplied the stamp (Poppy), the phrase (Birthday Princess), and the chevron die.  The big posy is from Michaels.  Because her favorite color is purple, I know she'll do the happy dance when she sees  this!  Have a great week!

No comments: