Thursday, September 27, 2012

Something different today

Well, I guess my card making mojo still isn't quite where I want it to be. So, today instead of making cards, I thought I'd actually work on the book that should have been done last month. I'm trying to make books for all the little grandkids around their 2nd birthday. They are fairly simple; easy to read, easily recognizable photos, bright colors, fun themes, favorite characters... well, you get the idea. The ones I've made and given so far are well loved by the kids and the parents appreciate them too.  Once I get all the little grandkid's books made, then I'll do the last three of my kids books, then I'll start on the older grandkids books. That should keep me busy for a while ; )

Have been texting with my very awesome and wonderful niece, Jackie.  Tomorrow there is a Scrapbook Expo in Milwaukee (stamping stuff too), and we've got a date to go! Am very excited to hang with her. She and my sister (her mother-in-law) surprised me for my birthday, and I'm still tickled about that! Should be fun.
For today though, something different:


For this page, I used LYB rub-ons, OA Rock Candy patterned papers, a scrap of navy cardstock, SU cardstock for the background, and Jillibean Soup Newberg Navy Alphabeans. And naturally, my little buddy is the cutest thing on the page.  BTW, he broke his arm on Friday -- bet he's the hit of his 1st grade class with his cast on! Happy Dances everyone!

No comments: