Saturday, December 29, 2012

Ahhh...this is better


  

...And this card is definitely better than yesterday's card. I'm thinking I really need NOT to craft with migraines... It affects my vision and judgement more than I realize.
My craft room is right next door to our family room. My DH is retired and tries to watch sports as often as there are good games on TV. He's not one of those multiple TV set-up guys, or the kind of fan who has both cable and a dish in order to catch every kind of sporting event -- thank goodness, but he does like college basketball, the Yankees, Cubs, Dbacks, Bears, Packers, and the Bucks when our granddaughter is playing the drums at the game. What's relevant about this, you may ask...well, it seems that fairly often, I'm listening to some game while crafting, and sometimes, it seems that my mojo disappears if there isn't a game on! Go figure. Must be the rhythm of the sport, or maybe my subconscious thinks all those fans are cheering my cards! LOL!
Onto better things! Have you seen the way cool sketch over at Retrosketches, or the super fun color palette for this week's ColorQ Challenge? Well, check them out:



I decided to put them together and make some cute little thank you notes. And this is what I came up with:


The stamps are from a Christmas present - Clear & Simple's Sweet Tooth. Bazzill white cardstock, a Bo Bunny scrap of red polka dot, a scrap of striped, green polka dot Washi tape, SU red and black ink, with Memento's London Fog for the sentiment, a bling from Pure, and a snippet of red and white baker's twine.  I pop-dotted the candy up from the sentiment and angled the whole creation on the card base. I think it's fun, and hope you like it too. Happy New Year, and happy dances everyone!


7 comments:

Geri said...

Bev, this card is totally out of this world amazing! The cheering fans knew they were rooting for a winner!

You seriously have GOT to apply to some DT calls. Everything about your cards (composition, colors, elements, embellies) are always spot-on perfect and sooooo appealing! You rock dear friend!

Ack! Stupid migraines! I'm sure all the busy hussle of the holidays was the trigger - great to hear that you are feeling better now :)

Kara said...

Great card!! So 'sweet'! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

Darnell said...

Bev, your thank you note is just adorable. And I second everything that Geri said about getting on DTs!

I'm sorry to hear you suffer from migraines. I do, too, and I applaud you for trying to craft with one. I get too shaky and that's a slight problem! I wish you no more migraines in the new year and lots of happy dances!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Bev this is such a pretty thank you note. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Sylvia said...

This is a lovely bold thank you card, Bev, I love how well executed your design is! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ this week, Happy New Year!

Romaine said...

Love the pattern mix!

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute card. Love how you combined all the elements to make is so appealing.