Friday, February 22, 2013

Pretty Day



It is a pretty day today. The world outside has been blanketed in white, and it's like a fairy land. I can say that because I don't have to drive in it, and someone else does the shoveling. Very enjoyable from inside the craftroom. I'm listening to TCM, my craft room is right next to the family room, and DH is getting our taxes organized while watching movies. Even these sweet, fun movies can't stop him from being a bit cranky. Next I'm going to bribe him into a better mood with a homemade apple pie. Come on over for a slice.

I've finished a card, and the one in my head wasn't the one that ended up on the craft table. But I like it. Going to play over at CAS-ual Fridays, where the theme is:



Use a bit of silver in the design. I've had some silvery metal flowers in my stash for a while, and today was the first opportunity I've had to use them. See what you think...


I used little scraps of dp to stamp a vase from TAWS Awesome Blossoms set, then fussy cut them. The little flowers are from Momenta. I masked off part of the sentiment from PTI's Tag-it #3 set, and used SU ink. A little bit of green gel pen for the stems and that's it. Oh, I popped up the vases. Easy Peasy. Happy dances.


8 comments:

Hannelie said...

I'll pop over for a slice of apple pie!!!
Love your row of flowers Bev, with those pretty vases!

Anonymous said...

Such delicious simplicity, Bev ... the balance of the dp with the gems in the little metal flowers is perfect! Oh and I'd love to come over for some delicious homemade apple pie too ... I'm just imagining that gorgeous aroma ... mmmmmm! Anita :)

Barb King said...

Simple and cute, takes my mind off the impending snow storm!

Ardyth said...

Pretty - I love that the bling matches the vases! My son is the apple pie lover - can I send him over (for a month or so? lol!)

Geri said...

...sounds like you will have to bake another pie or ten because DH and I will be over shortly as well!

Love the sweet simplicity of this card. Great choice of pot colors for those sweet flowers. Ditto on Ardyth's about the matching bling!

cm said...

Apple pie - homemade? No point in even trying to resist! Your card here is also 'yummy' - love the flowers, the vases, the eye-catching 'simplicity.' I've also taken a look at several of your other cards and WOW! You have quite the artistic eye! Your Muse card is bold, bright and beautiful; the quotation marks as a focal point is pure cleverness; and the others all have features that make an impact. As a novice card-maker, I see much to learn from your techniques and perspectives. Definitely coming back...definitely! Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring! Your comment on my Grammy-Super Baba card means sooooo much! When a person with your talent views my card as having 'potential'-that's a day-brightener for sure! Have a wonderful "happy dance" day!!

Kim Heggins said...

Apple sounds so good right about now, so I would love a piece, please. You have been a busy bee too, so many amazing cards. This one is just too darn cute! I love your flowers, so fun.

Sudha said...

Woiw its so pretty. I love this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in