Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pop

Now, I'm guessing that you can figure out just what kind of card this is....I've already got one made for my dad--he's 83 and still golfs 18 holes nearly everyday! So I'm kind of thinking that I could bring this up to Grant, Lily, and Drew so they can color all over it and give it to their dad for Father's Day. Christian would get a kick out of that, I'm sure.

I used the sketch from Retro Sketches. Dang! Do they always have awesome sketches to work with or what?! Hmmmm....maybe I'll have to play with this one again tomorrow....After this post, I'm going out to play in the dirt. Anyway....


And here's mine:


Once again, these are all scraps. The base is some kraftyish SU paper. Clear and Stamps By the Glass Too set, SU label punch, the Twinery Twine, and computer generated font. Happy dances everyone.

8 comments:

Bobby said...

This is cute. My brothers all call our Dad "Pop" so this would be appropriate for him. He's 97 BTW.

Ardyth said...

Guessing your dad doesn't live in Wisconsin, if he's golfing every day - maybe Arizona? Love the pun on this and the use of complementary colours!

Kim Heggins said...

This is too cute! Your bottle of orange pop looks so refreshing too and it looks great with your blue background. I am sure your "pop" will love it!

Geri said...

Awesome idea! The kids would love to color this up for their "pop". Cute to hear the sweet term of endearment...Eric calls Danny "Pops"!

These colors are so refreshing...just like the bottle of soda!

Off to Brandon in about 5 minutes!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, fresh and zesty my friend ... I'm loving that herringbone background, it'ss absolutely perfect with the touch of sweet twine! Hope you had fun in the dirt! Anita :)

Darnell said...

So super cute, Bevie!! I love the puniness of it so much! How blessed for you and your Pop that he is that active and healthy at his age!! Rock on, Pops!!

cm said...

Orange Crush...oh, the memories your card brings back! Your card is delightful, and your dad's energy is inspiring!! Hope you enjoyed playing in the dirt; oh, to have a garden...
Have a fantastic evening!
c

Hannelie said...

Those colors looks so great together!
Love the background too!
Hugs
x