Monday, May 20, 2013

What a great weekend!!!

So...many of you know I flew to Minneapolis this past weekend. And oh!, it was an awesomely, wonderful, fantastic weekend! I stayed with my son Tad and his amazing wife, Marsha, and of course the three little grandkiddies. They've grown since I've seen them last, but they remain sweet, well-behaved, funny, gorgeous children. Carter, who is 6, writes books and as a going-home present, he gave me one. I almost cried at his sweetness. The girls are littler, but no less sweet. *Sigh* I absolutely have to go back before summer is out. I'll post some pix later on.

For today however, I contented myself to fun memories, a few errands, and spending time in here. In case you didn't know, the Paper Crafts 2013 Gallery Idol is holding their open auditions. If you had asked me last year about making a card for this, I would have wondered if you had lost your marbles. I was intimidated by all the astounding card makers out there. At this point in time, I think my card making has become better and much more defined, and my confidence has also made strides. The theme for the open audition round is birthday cards for kids and teens. I chose the teen theme.


Now, who wouldn't want a cute new purse?! All Bazzill cardstock, random scrap of houndstooth dp, random ribbon, Making Memories glitter number stickers, SU ink, SU embellishment, Avocado Arts Sweet Treat Sweetie stamp, and a scrap of shiny black paper for the purse strap. Happy dances everyone.



9 comments:

Ardyth said...

This is amazing! Love the shiny handle and the 'hardware' and that you stamped on the ribbon! I entered GI, too, so we can go through it together!

Darnell said...

So, so glad you are home safe and sound, Bevie, and that you had an awesome time with all those precious peeps!! (I'm thankful you did not get a migraine which can sometimes happen with the change in elevation!)

Your card for the Idol make is brilliant!! So perfect for a teen! And I'm so proud of you for joining in with confidence! You CAN do this!!

Anonymous said...

Happy dancing with you at such a wonderful weekend full of fun and loveliness, Bev!

This teen card is just so completely awesome ... sooo utterly cool, sophisticated, gorgeous ... it's perfect! LOVE the black and white with the splash of beautiful blue!

Anita :)

Bobby said...

I love all the layered colors and stamping on the ribbon added such a special touch to a great purse.

Kim Heggins said...

Bev, what an adorable little handbag! I would like one in the small size please and just like this one. This is just too cute and so fun for a teen birthday.

cm said...

Standing ovation, enthusiastic round of applause for your decision to enter Gallery Idol. Your cards are always wonderful, and this one for the teen theme is perfection, plus! All the little details, combined with the purse as a focal point (you know the young girls' 'wants' incredibly well!) makes for a winning combination. Go, Bev go!! Consider me one of your ardent cheerleaders!!
c

Aileen said...

Super teen card. Love the houndstooth handbag. x

Melissa said...

Squeal!!! This is the cutest little purse EVER! Love that houndstooth purse with its fancy ribbon embellishment! I LOVE it! :) Good luck to you!!!!

Wida said...

I can't figure out through your supplies how you made this?!?!?! it's so lifelike and darn cute right down to the shiny strap!