Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Agony. Embarrassment

That's what I've felt all day. I made a card for the Muse Challenge, whose guest designer this week is good friend and card maker extraordinaire, Anita in France. And if you head over to Muse, you'll notice I didn't link it up. I'm too embarrassed. Not my best work, and yet what did I do? Yep, photographed it and posted it on my blog for all the world to see. Hmmmm....I'm either having a hot flash, or my embarrassment is rising again. Even as we speak....

Couldn't let go of this one though. Ideas pinged around my brain all day after that. Tossed one after another into my imaginary recycle bin. Hit the craft room. Tried making hard copies. Real recycle bin now. Gosh darn it! Ate dinner. Watched the start of the Yankees game and then the start of the Cubs game. Then a teeny tiny ping bounced. Straight, but angled lines. A smatter of bling. A clean sentiment. Could I make it work? See what you think....

First Anita's CAS summery card:


Now my newer, and hopefully better card:


The lighting still isn't quite right. This has a whiter look to it, and the aqua and light pink blings show up much better in real light (hahahahaha). Sorry. The agony and embarrassment have evaporated, and I'm feeling sassy again. White Bazzill card base. PTI sentiment, SU black ink, Distress ink marker, and random blings. See you all tomorrow.

21 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

You are so funny! I have to be honest and say that I can not ever imagine that you would make a card that was not just beautiful. I love the lines of your card and the sweet little bits of bling, so fabulous!

cm said...

Agony and embarrassment? Put those emotions to bed (or rid them with a glass of wine!)! All you've done is treated us to TWO stunning cards! Your 'muse' appears to be in fine-working order, helping you to find ways to navigate beyond the straight lines. The angles and the bling = another wonderful take on Anita's card! Pretty+++! Love them both!! Glad your 'sass' has returned!
c

Kelly Griglione said...

Hahaha, love your commentary, Bev! SO impressed with how your card turned out! Those angled lines with a tiny bit of bling are very modern-looking. Perfect choice of font for your sentiment too. The thin lines really go well with your design!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Funny story! After all of that you ended up with a GREAT card. Loving the modern look of those fine lines and tiny gems!!!

Judy1223 said...

It's all a process...but your end result is a stunnng, classy, CAS card and I LOVE it!

Ardyth said...

I love how you took Anita's pretty, girly Muse and made it much more gender neutral. It shows the power of font and colour. Even the criss-crossing lines creating all that cool geometry makes it feel less 'frilly' somehow! Thanks for playing along!

Anonymous said...

Wow, WOw, WOW! Much as your first card was fabulous, Bev, I think this one has to rate as my all time 'Bev' favorite, I simply LOVE it! The angled criss-crossing lines, the hint of bling and that completely delicious sentiment font ... oh and did I say how much I love it? Well I do, I LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing along ... and for your sweet words, my friend ... blush blush! Anita :)

Darnell said...

What you talkin' 'bout, Wilson? I thought your card-that-didn't-get-linked was perfectly wonderful. But I understand that inner critic all to well, so good for you for keeping at it until you got a card that really "said" what you wanted it to say.

This second card, I'll admit, I like lots better! I looked closely, is that gold wire or stamped or drawn lines? It has that kind of depth. This would be a great guy card, too!

This one is, in a word, perfection!!

Bobby said...

I said I liked your first card but this one is great, too. They have totally different vibes and that's a good thing.

Geri said...

You're crazy girl...both of these cards are amazing! You are trying really hard to compare apples to oranges here! The first card is vibrantly pretty, somewhat flirty and whimsical with its sweet sassy colors. The second card is a dazzling display of perfectly executed simple geometric goodness...totally swoon worthy!



Kylie said...

Oh Bev, I know what you are saying. I often have lighting issues as I take photos at night. Having said that, you should relax! Stick with feeling sassy! :)Your card is so elegant! Love the design, the placement of the bling. It is just wonderful!

Kim S said...

You are right in feeling sassy!!

maria f. said...

This is so classy, Bev. And thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog, my friend.

Michelle said...

Hahaha! You had me giggling before I even got to your absolutely gorgeous card! It's perfect! Worth all the agony. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Simply FABULOUS! (I like your other version as well!)

Lori said...

Fabulous clean design! Love the little sprinkling of sparkly gems.

Greta said...

I really like the look of this card!

Darnell said...

Popping back to congratulate you, my little friend, for winning the Top Three at MUSE for your perfect card!!

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo ... congratulations, my friend, on being a Featured Member at Muse ... feeling sassy is definitely good for you! BTW have I said already that I LOVE this card?? Anita :)

OH Babs said...

Amazing where a d when our creativity hits us. Congrats.

Geri said...

Hey you! Just saw your Top Three finish at MUSE! Your dazzling display of geometric goodness definitely deseved this recognition! Whoot! Whoot! (add in a fist pump too!)