Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Muse 23

If you've looked into playing along with Muse this week, then you've seen the beautiful CAS card that Anita has made as this week's muse. I've been working on something for the last couple of days, but for some reason the mojo was a no-show. My recycle bin can testify to that....Fortunately, a smidge of mojo  reappeared this morning. Kept things pretty close to what Anita made with just a few differences. First you can see Anita's creation:


It's just full of fun, isn't it?! 
Even if I measure perfectly I cannot draw a straight line to save my life. It's one of those things... but I figured something else that mimics her lines:



It looks better irl. We're having thunderstorms today and the skies have been dark. So the photo isn't as good as I'd like it to be. (if I can get a better photo, I will edit this post later today) Pink Bazzill card base with a chunk of Bazzill white for the main panel. The twine is from Doodlebug (pink), and the Twinery (aqua). A few sequeekins colored with Sharpies, and some random blings in pink and aqua. Stamp is PS with Studio G ink. And there you have it. Happy dances everyone.

6 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love it - the parings of the little gems with the sequins and the matching twine make this really textural and fun! Thanks for playing along, Bev!

cm said...

You've rocked Anita's card, Bev! HOw clever to use twine for your 'lines' (I'd make those crooked too!). The sparkles, sentiment and the 'well placed' white space (because that's what I'm struggling with - white space in a good way!), make for one eye-catching, super pretty, dazzling card! Awesome (as are you!!)!
c

Bobby said...

I think your card is every bit as cheerful and colorful as the muse. Great idea to use the twine. This is the next project on my list. hmmm

Anonymous said...

Well, my friend, you're definitely pinging, this is fabulous! The twine adds so much texture, the hot pink sentiment really pops and I love how you've partnered up the squeekquins with the gems! Wonderful, Bev, thanks so much for playing along! Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

this is too cute...love the combination of the twine and sequins, so fun.

Kylie said...

Such a pretty card. Love the bright happy colours and the sequins are the ideal touch!