Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Quick Post

Have a million things to today, so will keep this short. Made a card and am submitting this to Retro Sketches #73. Very cool sketch and really wanted to play.




For a change I made a square card, something I rarely do. Bazzill white card base, I cut the star panel out of a scrap with the Cameo, popped brightly colored scraps behind it, and added a legless brad with a few strips of raffia, and the sentiment is from MFT colored with an FC pen. That's it. (sorry about the reflection in the brad....) Happy dances everyone.

7 comments:

Geri said...

Sweet stars! I can hardly wait! Love the brad - awesome job picking up the colors in your card stock! Fabulous sproinkies too!

....can hardly wait!!!

Ardyth said...

THUD! I love this! the simplicity of the design, the cool colours and that brad looks like the door knob - I'm sure if I 'open' it there will be wonderful things inside!

Kim Heggins said...

For being short on time you made one fabulous card...I love that giant (or at least in your photo it looks giant) silver brad and with those wonderful stars makes one amazing card!

Keren Baker said...

Love your take on the sketch. I'm rubbish at translating them- always do it too literally. I actually like the reflection in the brad- makes it more personal!!

cm said...

Fabulous card! Stars, brad, colours - in my view, a retrosketch winner! Great interpretation, as always! Yes indeed, love this!!
c

Unknown said...

love your use of the raffia string - so rarely do I see it on cards!

Kylie said...

Square cards are fun - you are inspiring me to try one too. :) This is a clean and simple card which just pops!