Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Another August Birthday

With my large family, if it isn't one of the kid's or grandkids' birthdays, it's a sister/brother, dad, niece/nephew...well you get the idea. This week and/or month is no exception. Today is Rachel's golden birthday. Seven. Already. When did that happen??? It seems like yesterday she'd sit on my lap in church and play with my buttons or chew on my necklace. Then, not to long ago, she said to me "...grandma, don't call me 'Rachie' anymore; I'm a big girl now..." I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. She is a big girl. And I love her so darn much. Isn't it funny how our hearts are able to grow and embrace each new child? Now there's a truly wonderful gift from God. We never get full, or have too much love in our hearts. I really like that.

I've made a card for this little sweetie. She's getting money inside because she's saving up for her own iPod. Her parents are incredible and are teaching all their kids how to be good Christian people. I really like that too!

I'm entering this card into Moxie Fab World's Birthday Card challenge. 




And here is Rachel's card:


Other than a white Bazzill card base, everything is out of the scrap boxes. I cut a little crown with my Cameo, and used a variety of pearls. The stamp is Wplus9, and Studio G ink. Pretty easy to do, and I think she'll like it. That's what counts. Happy dances everyone.

13 comments:

lostinpaper said...

I know she will love it, all those bright colours and the bling,it's perfect!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your Cameo crown, need to get that file too. I really makes for a stunning card and goes so well with that polka dot background paper, so sweet!

cm said...

*Blinking away tears*...Oh my, but this is a heart-warming, heart-touching, heart-bursting with joy and love post! Your 'little girl' becoming a 'big girl' truly is bittersweet! We're excited when our wee ones (and you know which two I'm including here from my family) grow and learn new things, but...it happens so darn fast! I LOVE, LOVE and LOVE how much you treasure your family, each and every one! Those cards you made: infused with positive thoughts, good wishes, and an abundance of love! This one: AWESOME! She'll be thrilled X 1000000!
c

Geri said...

The wee ones are sooooooo fortunate to have such an incredibly loving, caring and proud grandma! Just think what a great world it would be if all children could enjoy the love of someone like you :)

Beautiful card...squealing with delight when I saw your Cameo crown (mine comes home this weekend). Rachel is going to LOVE the bling and the pearls! Grandma sure knows how to make a little four year old happy!

Geri said...

..ooops, I meant SEVEN year old...how the heck did I come up with four ???

Darnell said...

A card fit for the little princess that Rachel has begun. And, gosh, does that mean I need to stop calling you Bevie?

Andrea Garland said...

I'm sure Rafael will love this fun and cute card and if inside is a bit of money better. It's awesome that she's saving for her ipod :)

Andrea Garland said...

I write Rachel not Rafael my phone it's dumb.

Ardyth said...

Love the sparkly crown and the fun colours of the dots - this is a perfect, fun, girly card!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so pretty!

Kylie said...

Happy birthday to your sweet Rachel! I have no idea where the years go but go they do. Rachel is very lucky to have such a sweet Grandma and she is going to LOVE her birthday card. What girl doesn't love a bit of bling too!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Bev! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

maria f. said...

This card is so adorable and so full of love. You never cease to amaze me with your love for your family. So many grandkids and so involved and up-to-date on each one. What a blessing you are for them!