Wednesday, August 28, 2013

No jinxes here!

Love it when the mojo stays. When those cards that you picture in your head actually turn out well! Am liking this one, which you'll see in a minute (that is, of course, unless you skip reading and go right to the card...). Have you visited the wondrous and brilliant Jackie Rockwell's blog lately? She's got something really fun going on over there at Rockwell Designs. She says, and I quote:

"I'm making my way through the Pantone Fashion Colors for Spring 2013. If you'd like to join me please click on the badges...to play along in a current or past color challenge! New challenges will be posted every 1-2 weeks. All challenges run until September 22, 2013."

This is the third (at least I think it is...) time I've played along. And this time I'm using the colors from the Grayed Jade challenge.



Dear, wonderful Jackie is offering a free blog header to the winner. Can you just imagine???!!!! A design by Jackie on your very own blog?! You've just got to give it a shot. I did:


While not quite exactly the color from her palette, it's pretty darn close. Other than the white Bazzill card base, each and every other single thing on this card is a leftover. (Ok, ok, the stamps are kinda, sorta newish...) AC scrap of dp, a scrap of gray, of my own interpretation of grayed jade, and of white. AE stamps (love those!), and a hunka chunka ribbon out of the ribbon scrap box. That's it for now, but who knows, with baseball on in the background, I might go for one more! Happy dances again!

12 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hi Bev, Thanks so much for sharing a little bit about my Pantone Color Challenge with your readers. Your card is very pretty and the sentiment is beautiful. So glad you played along again!!! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Bev what a gorgeous card, I love the colours and design.

lostinpaper said...

So so elegant! Love that fabulous sentiment panel.

Bobby said...

I'm glad your mojo is hanging around. Mine left and I haven't been able to find it. I NEED to before September 22 because I have a few more cards to make for Jackie's challenge. Not to mention all the other challenges I've missed.

cm said...

Bev - gorgeous card! Your mojo is in high gear; perhaps I ought to craft whilst listening to baseball if the outcomes would be as stellar as yours! Design, colour - yes, a WINNER in my books!!
c

Kylie said...

Yay for staying mojo! Can you bottle it and send some my way, please?

I hope you win the challenge - you certainly deserve to as it is a BEAUTIFUL card! Good luck, Bev!

Marybeth said...

This is gorgeous in every way! Love this Bev!

Ardyth said...

Elegant and beautiful! Hoping to get back into my craft room soon!

Geri said...

Gorgeous! Your design and the colors you have used give the card such an elegant look! Grey is becoming so popular...much softer than black but with just as much pop/punch! Nice to hear that your mojo has returned and obviously is in fine, fine form!!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh Bev, I totally have that DP! Love all the AC products. What a great way to use it here, and all the layers make it look involved, even though there is only one color going on. Wonderful!

Darnell said...

This is so pretty, Bevie, so elegant! I hope you win!!

Kim S said...

Truly lovely!