Friday, September 13, 2013

Beautiful Day!

Oh yeah...it's a beautiful day! Perfect weather, cleanish house, and met up with Jen! We went to My Paper Playground, the most fun little scrapbook store around! Hi Sharon! Then we stopped at Qdoba's for lunch, yummy, and then one quick stop at Office Max for some Scotch Expressions Tape, the removable kind. I highly recommend it for use with dies, positioning papers, etc... because it comes off cleaner than Washi does. Never had it rip paper, or pull the top layers off.

I'm not one for some of the trends going on out there. And that includes the chalkboard look. But I thought I should give it a try and see if I could just get over my darn self. It wasn't as bad as I thought...guess it's only my bad attitude that had stopped me from trying this technique earlier. Little Tangles has this challenge going on:




For my chalkboard paper, I used a section of 'wrapping' paper. Our large family photograph from last year was wrapped in this, and I knew I just had to save it. 


I wanted the whole thing to be bright. So I went with a yellow mat, and some AC brightly striped dp (thanks for having this Sharon!) I'm going to send this off to one of the granddaughters in college in Madison. Random scraps of black (under the stripes), and yellow. Studio G ink, and that bit of recycled paper. Neat and Tangled stamps. Went together quickly and I like its happy look. Get to dancing everyone! It's the weekend!

12 comments:

Geri said...

Friend, you are shining just as bright as your fabulous card is! I'm thinking that you have chased the dange YKW's away and have jumped right back into create mode and came up with this sweet card! Good call on saving the paper cuz it is perfectly 'blackboardish'(gotta be a real word somewhere!). Love the bright paper - the yellow mat is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Yep, this card is you all over, Bev ... shining bright and happy! Way to go on the blackboard technique ... and against that stunning stripey pp ... brilliant ... love it! Anita :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh this is so fun & cheery! I love it!

Bobby said...

I, too, have resisted the chalkboard trend but you seem to have conquered it. I love the whole idea behind the light bulb and the bright paper.

Tracey McNeely said...

Bev your chalkboard card is just fabulous.

Kim Heggins said...

Happy to see that I am not the only one who has not used the chalkboard technique...thank you for the inspiration! Fabby card by the way, love that background paper, very snazzy. Sounds like you had a wonderful day too, how fun.

cm said...

Bev: good to know that I'm not the only 'non-chalkboard technique trier-outer.' I quite like the look, but when it comes to "how to" I'm essentially clueless! Your card here is fabulous!! Striped paper = bright and cheery, and the chalkboard lightbulb + sentiment = AWESOME!! Inspiration+++...may have to give this a try after all! Have an excellent Saturday!
c

Kylie said...

I'm a bit the same, Bev. Don't feel the need to try some of the trends which come and go. Sometimes I feel like I should just jump in - you never know where it will lead you...but other times...lol I'm so glad you jumped right into the chalkboard trend. Love the simplicity of the design combined with the bright happy colours of the background. It provides a wonderful background to the chalkboard panel! :)

~amy~ said...

Awesome card for a college student, she's going to love it!

Thanks for playing with us at Little Tangles!

Lyndal said...

LOVE this technique with the bright paper Bev!

maria f. said...

Love this bold, bright beauty. N&T has just the funniest images.

Ren-Yi said...

Want fun colors and you managed to make the chalkboard look neat! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Little Tangles.