Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Making up for lost time

Going to get right to this. Have to. Am seriously anxious about another YKW slamming into my brain later...

Saw the incredible sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch, wanted to play, but for multiple reasons, didn't get to it until just this minute.  Check out the sketch:


Turned this on its side. Used my brand-spankin' new MFT set and came up with this (wish I could claim the doodles...)


I adore this stamp. Doodles that I couldn't make to save my life, (unlike Anita...) and all I had to do was color them! Bazzill white base, Copics, Sharpies, and Promarkers to color in the sentiment which was stamped with StazOn. And a half circle made from one of my gazillion scraps.

If you're interested in seeing my first post of the day, click here. And happy dances everyone!

14 comments:

cm said...

Hope the YKW stays far, far away! Your card is just darling; in fact, I wee "eeee, how cute' escaped my lips, which had a couple students give me the 'yep, she's a strange one' look! LOVE this! Makes me smile!!
c

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun and cheerful!
Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

Anonymous said...

Anti YKW thoughts being sent your way, Bev ... hope the wretched thing stays away. Oh how I swooned at this wonderful doodling (thought it was yours till I read on ...), drooling at the delicious colours against that wonderful black polka dotted scoop! Thanks so much for the shout out my friend! Anita :)

donna mikasa said...

Such a fun--and happy!--take on the sketch! Love that doodled sentiment!

Bobby said...

Your coloring is Be YOU ti ful! Glad you had a moment to craft before. . .

Kim Heggins said...

Another amazing card Bev and your beautiful is beautiful and so fun. I am hoping you are feeling better too. But from the looks of your card you must be, I can't imagine making a card as fabulous as this with a migraine.

Kelly Griglione said...

Great idea for this sketch! A simple design really shows off the "doodling" well. Love the colors you chose too : ) Love it!

Darnell said...

Goodness, Bevie, I missed a couple three days and you've been both killed by a migraine and a creative and productive whiz!! I'm so sorry about the head bitch, but delighted by the inspiration I got from your great challenge cards! I hope you have cooler temps and no more YKW for WEEKS!! BIG hugs! Darnell

Tracey McNeely said...

Rocked out this one Bev! Fab sentiment!

Betty said...

So fun. Love your colored letters. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Geri said...

....so totally in love with the polka dot base...it's the perfect 'stage' for the sweet, sweet message that you have colored!

...hope those YKW's see that they can't keep a craftin' girl down & out!

Kylie said...

What a gorgeous stamp! How perfect is it for that sketch challenge too?! Love this a LOT!

tonilea said...

love the card and the image. Who makes it? The polka dot base is perfect.
tonilea
jiffy1212@aol.com

Kim S said...

I love all of the cheerful sentiment color with the simple black and white polka dots.