Monday, October 21, 2013

Kinda Fun

It's kinda fun to make cards. Okay...it's waaay fun to make cards! I've been working on a scrapbook for the grandkiddies for Christmas, and I just had to feed my card making obsession this morning. There were withdrawal symptoms occurring...and I know that you know exactly what I mean.

There are a few scant hours left to play over at Color Throwdown. And a dear, dear friend had sent some goodies a little while ago, and I have been dying to use them. This was the perfect time and challenge to really put a few to good use!


Love this combination! Love all the fashion inspiration. Though I will admit those shoes hurt my feet just looking at them! 

Here's what I made:


The navy came out blackish, but it really is navy. All the dp, and the "Happy Day" sticker is from Fancy Pants. The silver disk and the branch are from my scrap box, as is the little heart. The heart has a dab of Wink of Stella on it. And now I'm off running with DH this morning. Happy dances everyone.

12 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love it - it's cool and hip and really fun and cheerful! Great combination of graphic and organic elements!

maria f. said...

Sweet color combo. Love those chevrons. Hope you have a happy dancing kinda day.

Hannelie said...

Great job with the colors Bev! Love your design too!

cm said...

Colour combo, design, images, leafy die - your 'take' is wonderful! I wouldn't even know where to begin with this challenge, but you've certainly provided inspiration! Happy running about with your DH!
c

Anonymous said...

Well, you've added to my happy day with this delight, Bev ... fabulous splashes of vibrant pink in the branch and the glisten-y heart, I love the speckly card base ...and the precision in matching up the strips of chevron DP ... wow, girl, you're good! Anita :)

Broni said...

It sounds like you and I have the same opinion about the shoes!! I love how you used the colors! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

Geri said...

Hey...that chevron paper is looking mighty familiar! You created a really cool 'washi tape' look - awesome job!

Love the brilliant pop of coral. The navy chevron strip is the perfect take on the long-legged denim jeans! Great job interpreting the sketch!

Joan Ervin said...

What a pretty, happy design...I sooo love the chevron paper and your pink leaves really pop!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card Bev...as stylish as that cool outfit you found your inspiration from. Love it.

Joyce said...

What a fun card. I love how you combined those colors and the different elements. This card is really happy, too.

Wendy said...

This is lovely. Love the color combination, the chevron, cute little heart and that card base cardstock. Do you mind sharing were that card base cardstock is from?

Kylie said...

It is way too fun to make cards! And you are a super star at making them! :)