Sunday, June 22, 2014

Forty-'leven

That's how many times I attempted to get this stamping straight, and how many different stamp sets I used.... Dang! It's a good thing that it's recycling night...the bin is full to overflowing! I hate to admit this, but even with my Stamp-a-ma-jig, countless rejects still came out crooked. Except for this last card, which will squeak into the Muse Challenge. I really didn't want to miss out on this week's challenge; have you seen the Muse card? Here, I'll show you:




Doesn't the lovely and talented Marion Vagg make the most wonderful cards? Totally adore this one. And this is my take:




We're about to start our second straight week of rain, mist, drizzle, downpours, cloudbursts, soaking rain, and sprinkles. And let's not even talk about the fog! Hence, bad lighting. Can you even see the teeny-tiny triangles??? Or the shadow stamping on the "hello?" Sheesh! The stamps are AE, with SU black and PTI aqua mist inks. Scraps of blue-y down the side and a Neenah white base. I drew black lines with my AC black pen. And that's it for now, don't want to miss the deadline. Happy dances everyone.

12 comments:

Lynn said...

I can see the shadow stamping and it looks fabulous! Boo for bad weather and poor lighting.

Erika said...

Sometimes the simplest cards are the hardest to make but yours turned out lovely.

Ardyth said...

Love this CAS take on this week's Muse, Bev! So glad you joined us despite the full recycling bin!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bev! I card is so CAS!! I love it. The hello is so yummy!! I love the two colors. Great job.

Anita in France said...

Oh, Bev ... you just know I'm going to LOVE this don't you? Crisp and fresh colours, a very cool and geometric border and a simple shadow sentiment ... perfect ... how could I not LOVE it? Hugs, Anita :)

Neets B said...

Clean and crisp version of the muse card, really lovely classy card!

Darnell said...

I see it all, Bevie, all the dazzling details of your marvelous take on Marion's MUSE card!! I'm sorry it gave you fits (give me the number and I'll call and give it a piece of my mind for that!!), but your Percy Veer ants stood by you and saved the day! I really love that shadow on the hello!! Hugs, Darnell

Shona Chambers said...

I can certainly see the shadow stamping on the 'hello', can you please tell me how you did it?? This card is fantastic. I love the clean/simple layout and the tiny triangles are so cute. Brilliant job!

Deepti said...

I like that u did not go with an all flower look on ur card, the CAS n graphic looks awesome :)

Geri said...

All those sweet wee details are looking fine, fine, fine on my monitor!

Honestly, at first glance, I was sure that you used dies for the sentiment! It looks awesome (gonna have to give this shadow stamping a try). I'm totally in love with the wee heart panel too and how the peak of black creates a nice vivid divide between the colored cs and the white!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous...just fabulous Miss Bev! I love your take on the Muse card. I always love your clean look and it looks very straight to me but I do know what you mean, hate wasting my precious card stock. Would you mind sending some of your rain to California...we really could use it. Enjoy your week!

cm said...

Oh, my sweet friend, it feels like forty'-leven days since I've commented on your pretties here (okay, maybe more like eleventy-twelve days..). I'm here now, oohing and ahhing over this straight-stamped and sentment-shadowed amazing card of yours! Gorgeously gorgeous! Apparently my recycle bin is experiencing its full share of snacks of late...grrr! Oh well, practice makes perfect (snort!) Hugs to you - and stay cozy warm inside!!
~c