Wednesday, July 9, 2014

First this, then...

First a quick post, then it's on to housekeeping duties, or.....commenting...hmmmm....might need some help choosing what to do next! Wonder what will win out???!!!!

I actually have three cards which I made yesterday, but due to the FOURTH DAY IN A ROW of YKWs, couldn't focus my eyes well enough to take photographs... But am going to defeat them today! First up is my card for CASology. I adore playing there, don't you??! The cue card is glow...



Giant PING goes off as soon as I saw the cue card.... Ten minutes later and the card is finished, no kidding!


Lightning bugs! Started with a Neenah white base. An old, old SU jar stamp, NN firefly stamps, and N&T sentiment. SU black ink, and what ever yellow was left on my blender pad. A bit of extra yellow on their bodies with a Copic, and some Wink of Stella on their wings. EZPZ! 

Next up is on card for multiple challenges. Really loving how this one turned out! This will go into Virginia's View #5, use die cuts, into The Cutting Edge, into Moxie Fab World's Wonderful Words Challenge: Word Dies, and also into AAA #10 use water colors. Check, check, check....


Welcome to Virginia's View   TCEC_2   

This is my little card:


So I started by cutting out a cityscape with my Silhouette Cameo using a scrap of old and really ugly cardstock. Next I temporarily adhered water color paper to my desk and then adhered the die cut on top of that. (I have glass on my desktop...makes life really easy) I broke out my Dollar Store watercolors and went to town (no pun intended...well, maybe not at first anyway). Once everything was dry, I cut the water colored panel into a 4.25" x 4.5" panel. With the left over painted paper, I die cut "celebrate" with my MFT die. A 1" strip of black on the bottom, the word die attached to that, three black sequins, and done! It reminds me of the Aurora Borealis.

Still with me??? Last one, I promise. This one was just fun to make. I enjoyed the process very much! I'll be popping this into Lawnscaping Challenge #85.



Right away it reminded me of popsicles (ice lollies to all my British friends) (love that phrase btw!). So here's what I made:



I like the 'banana' flavor best, though blue raspberry or orange taste pretty good on a hot summers day too. Neenah white base, a scrap of blue, and scraps of polka dot papers. SU black ink, Copics for the images, and some orange bling. All stamps are LF. Oh, and a little Sizzix heart die. Almost forgot that one...my bad. Anyway, I've kept you long enough, so will end with 'happy dances' everyone.

Aileen, can you send me your email? The one I found for you didn't go through. Thanks.

26 comments:

Deepti said...

Amazing creations Bev! I love the glow card, very clever. I am in love with the beautiful sky u created on ur second card :) stunning as always !

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE that jar card - so cute with the bugs and "glowing" - Thanks for joining in at AAA!

maria f. said...

You're making me ready for a trip to MI! We call 'em fire flies. Love that touch of yellow "from your blender tool." Ha! And I'm calling those Northern Lights over Chicago as a winner! Love how the sentiment carries on that wonderful watercoloring.

Leigh Penner said...

These are all great, Bev! I especially like your skyline!

Patti said...

Awww these are so sweet! I LOVE lightening bugs : ) and your card is precious!!

Your city scape is a show stopper! and now I need a popsicle! heehee

Great cards - now get back to work! LOL

Patti

Jackie Rockwell said...

Beautiful pastel sky Bev! Thanks for playing along with us at The Cutting Edge Challenge!

Victoria Lavender said...

Your watercolor card is great! And wonderful that you got to use the scraps too. I hope you had fun making it. Thanks so much for sharing it with us, please continue to visit and play. Cheers, Victoria Lavender, AAA Cards

Bobby said...

Lightening bugs is exactly what I thought of for "glow" but alas I have no stamps for that. Yours turned out just darling. I love that you used the watercolor paper for the die cut word. It really ties the card all together. Yummy popsicles, too. Great job for working with YKW.

Lynn said...

Three adorable cards. Love those sweet little popsicles and the fabulous watercoloring. Yeah for crafty goodness!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful glow Bev, love this so much. Thank you for sharing with us this week at CASology! Love your cityscape and popsicles too!

Joyce said...

My goodness--so many fabulous cards on one post--and I just came over to take a closer look from CASology and was truly rewarded for my efforts. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow Miss Bev, for being under the influence of such strong meds you really came through with the cards. They are all amazing my sweet friend. I love your glow card, so darn cute and your sweet trio of popsicles...so fun and those colors, amazing. Take care and sending gentle hugs.

Jen Mitchell said...

Great cards all around! The lightening bugs might be my fave just because they are so cool IRL! But I've got to say that your watercolor wonder and cityscape is pretty awesome too! And who could possibly forget the joy of a popsicle on a hot summer day? Not me!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Beverly! You have been on a creative overdrive, huh? LOVE your cards! That watercolor with the diecut combo....is awesome! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

Jane said...

Love your subtle pastel watercolour background and the fact that the sntiment was cut from a leftover piece. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards this week, hope to see you again next week.

Kylie said...

Hope those nasty YKW's go away! The fact that you can create at all when you have them is amazing enough but your cards are all stunning! I love the cute little car with the firefly's. Adorable! The watercolour background is so pretty against the cityscape. I never think to use such colours when creating landscapes but it totally works. Those pretty little icy poles look good enough to eat! Yum!

Judy1223 said...

Bev, I LOVE this cute lightening bug card...a perfect take on the CASology cue this week! Such a CAS design, perfectly executed! All of your cards are quite wonderful, actually...perfect for all the challenges!

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW Bev, you are on a roll girl!! I always love seeing you at CASology, and search you out!!! So great so see these lovely cards, way to go on that die cut card, cool!

Thanks for joining us at CASology, we LOVE it when you do!!!!!

Anita in France said...

What? Bev, you did these in the midst of a severe bout of YKW's ... how do you do it? Each is fabulous ... the glow of the wee lightening bugs is awesome ... I can feel it here! Watercolour cityscape ... yep, thought of Aurora Borealis as soon as I saw it ... love the soft sorbet colours with the bold black sentiment panel! Finally, those sweet popsicles/ice lollies ... cute, cute, cute! Hugs, Anita :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Really, your first card was only 10 minutes? Don't you love it when that happens. I LOVE how your glow extends past the container. Awesome cards, Bev!

{Chrissie} said...

Ack! Those Popsicles are just darling!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

Anonymous said...

Your glow card is awesome! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology. May

Taunya Butler said...

All three cards are awesome!! I particularly love the cityscape card - it is most gorgeously done!!

cm said...

In my world, commenting would win over chores any day (except when the dust bunnies are the size of hares!). Your cards = trio of delight! Your takes on 'glow' are nothing short of delightful; your creativity shines through both, especially that wonderful city-scape. That sky is soooo eye-catching. The popsicle card is filled with cute, right down to every last detail! My husband's first race is today (70 miles), starting in the heat of the day (2:15), and I'll be aiming to travel to both feed zones to pass him water bottles. I think after that's done (about 3.5 hours, give or take), we should treat ourselves to popsicles!! Excellent inspiration, my friend! Hugs~c

Tamara said...

Love all of your 3 cards!
Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping.
xx Tamara

Anonymous said...

Such fun cards!
Thanks for linking up to the MFW Challenge, Bev!

Teri