Monday, July 28, 2014

Guest Designing at MUSE!!!!

OH. MY. GOSH!!!! The incredibly talented, and oh so wonderful Ardyth from the Muse Challenge contacted me and asked if I wanted to be their Guest Designer for this week's challenge. It took less than a heartbeat for me to say YES, and then jump out of my chair to do a great big Happy Dance!!! DH wondered what the heck was going on....After calming down and letting him know what was happening, I got right on it, and emailed Ardyth! Not sure if you can tell how thrilled I am!!! Thanks so much Ardyth for this wonderful opportunity; I can't tell you just how honored (excited, humbled, tickled, happy) I am to have been asked.




And this is the card I came up with. I'd be so happy to see what you all come up with from this design. Hope you all play along!




It's really quite a simple design. Neenah white base with all scraps for the rest of the papers, including the shiny blue 'hello', and the shiny strip under the scalloped border. LF die cut "hello" and TE polaroid frame die. Three Michaels sequins and that's really it. Here's a close up of the shiny part:



Really hope to see you at Muse! Happy dances everyone.


17 comments:

Ardyth said...

And we are honoured (excited, humbled, tickled, happy) that you accepted! Love the use of shiny complementary colours here! So glad you agreed to be our Guest Muse!

Anita in France said...

Woo-hoo ... yay ... congratulations on your GD spot, Bev ... happy dancing for you in an excited and tickled sort of a way! This is one Muse I won't miss ... hoping to do you justice with this delicious card to guide me. Love these fun colours together and oh my goodness, just look at that shine on the hello and sequins ... fantastic! Brilliant, my friend ... simply brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Lynn said...

Woohoo! So happy to see you as the guest designer at Muse. A very well deserved recognition Bev. I'm looking forward to playing along with your fabulous inspiration.

cm said...

Woo hoo *fist pump and happy dance* on your GD role at MUSE - and what a most wonderful, delightful, fabulous card you've created to inspire us! So many possibilities with what you've offered! Some shimmer and sheen, a frame, some vibrant colours, eye-catching borders and pretty papers. Windfall!! Now, I hope I can do justice to your inspiring inspiration! Hugs to you - and another round of happy dancing, too!
~c

Judy1223 said...

Well, of COURSE she invited you to be a guest designer...your cards are amazing! This one is no exception...love the blue "happy" die, such a great card to inspire us!

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!
Oh, and I wanted to let you know, that the comment you left on my blog for the RC Quirky Cuties blog hop made you a winner! Check out the RC blog for more details.

Patti said...

Well deserved honor!! such a bright and happy card - just like you ; )

Patti

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness...so happy and excited for you and can't wait to play along! Your card is amazing, I love all the orange and the shiny blue hello. It makes me smile from ear to ear. Congrats again, so well deserved!

Jen Mitchell said...

Congratulations! It's no surprise that you were asked, that's for sure! I'm doing a little happy dance for you!!

sandie said...

Congrats Bev, I am doing a happy dance for you! This shiny Happy just jumps off the page and perfect to match with the sequins. Well deserved GDT x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love your Muse card and thanks so much for being our Guestie this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Congratulations on your Muse guest design Bev! I love your blue foil word!! Makes me do the happy dance!

Geri said...

You truly are the master of 'pulling' the perfect colors from DP!!!

Vibrant, fun, cool layout, sweet bits of bling and a shiny hello - love it!

You totally nailed this GD assignment pal!

Kylie said...

WOOHOO!! Congratulations, Bev! Wonderful news and no surprise to see your talents recognised. Love this card - the colours and the design as well as that shiny hello! Yay! Yay! Yay! :D

Deepti said...

Woohoo! Somebody is on the roll ! Congratulations yet again, lovely card :)

Jacquie Southas said...

Just popping in with a quick congratulations Bev! What a fun, happy card for the Muse Challenge :) I'm on the road for another week, so can't play along, but wish I could.

Julie B said...

Firstly congrats on the GD spot at Muse, then thanks for the inspiring card.
Secondly thanks for the lovely comment on my take on your card. I enjoying putting the little grey cells to use to create something that takes the elements and then just go with it. x