Sunday, July 20, 2014

Not supposed to be here...

I'm supposed to be "up north" painting at my dad's place, visiting with both of my sisters, and my dad and his sister, but something came up, and I'm here instead. It's for a good reason, and I'm exactly where I need to be. I've managed a little time in the craft room, and have come up with a card that I rather like. It just so happens to fit a variety of challenges too! Nice when it works out that way. I started with Deconstructed Sketches, my first time playing there, then as the card came together I realized it would fit into City Crafter's Challenge and also Simon Says Wednesday Challenge. Neato!

Deconstructed Sketch 160   

City Crafter Challenge Blog


Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog


Let's see...stuck to the sketch? Check. Chipboard? Check. Spots and dots? Check!





The sentiment looks blurry when you first see it. It really isn't; it's shadow stamped. Neenah white base, scraps of green and yellow. The sweetest ever little polky dots are from a Pebbles pad called Family Life, and the chipboard flower is from the same line. One MME yellow enamel dot, and two Doodlebugs blue dots. (More dots!) I die cut the yellow and green panels with MFT's Pierced rectangle stax. The stamp is TT, and the inks are Studio G (green), and Memento (blue). That's about it for me today. Happy dances everyone.

17 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the blue, yellow and green together. A bold, gorgeous design Bev.

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet card Miss Bev...I love your colors and that beautiful bright blue posie and those enamel dots just finish it off. So sweet.

Bobby said...

So bold and beautiful, Bev. Hope all is well.

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh, this is such a happy card! Love those fresh colors!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Bev!!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us this week at CCCB :-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

Ros Crawford said...

Another wonderful creation Bev ... Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!!

Kylie said...

Lovely, Bev! Love the shadow you stamp too. I don't think it looks blurry. I'm still loving your colour choices too - bright and happy!

Leigh Penner said...

Ooh, great take on the sketch!

Tracey McNeely said...

Bev those colours work so well together!! LOVE the sentiment and the big blue flower!

Lindsey said...

Love this bold card...a perfect combination of these challenges and the color scheme is just fabulous. Hoping that you have a great week!

Deepti said...

I love the bright and bold colors with crisp design of ur card :)

Anita in France said...

I love these colours together, Bev ... so bold and fresh and gorgeous! This is such a 'you' card ... happy, fun, and full of energy! Hugs, Anita :)

Patti said...

Loving your happy card : )the color combo is super sweet!!

Hope you get to visit your rellies very soon!

Patti

Caryn said...

What a fresh and funky colour scheme - great layout too.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Caryn xxx

cm said...

Polka dots: check. Vibrant colours: check. Sweet layout: check. Day brightening and smile making: quadruple check! Absolutely charming card in every way, Bev!! I know you should be elsewhere, but I'm glad you stayed home to share this delight with us! Happy sighh...
Hugs~c

Marybeth said...

Love the sketch design of your card. Very pretty Bev! Yes, you are exactly where you needed to be...I was a bit upset my plans were not as planed and my sister reminded my of the same thing.