Thursday, July 24, 2014

One fast post

Since I want to catch up on some commenting tonight, and I apologize for this delay, I'll keep this short. I've got a card that's headed to Curtain Call, with only hours to spare. It's their anniversary, and there's a big celebration happening over there. Hope you've had time to play too! I had a bit of time this morning, and made a quick card. I like the way it turned out. I have a question for you out there in blogland though. My SU black ink and re-inker are almost ready to be replaced. What black ink do you use, and why do you like it? I really do appreciate your input on this!



I loved the colors; the pinks and blues all tucked neatly into these shelves.


Started with a Neenah white base, and used a scrap of same for the 'frame.' The dp are all scraps! Yippee!!! And...while I hate to admit this ONCE AGAIN, I've broken my 'no new stuff all month' rule. I did a bit of shopping at RC, and picked up this stamp set...won't try to justify it, other than to say I really like it. I'm not telling you about the dies I bought too. (not used on this card...) We'll just pretend the stamps were all I ordered...So I've got a bit of NBUS on this one. I inked it up with some ME smoke and Studio G aqua. Michaels sequins, and allllll done. Happy dances everyone, it's time for me to hit 'publish' and visit your blogs!

15 comments:

Ardyth said...

Such a great take on the inspiration photo! I love the double-stamped sentiment, too!

Shelly said...

This is so sweet! And my usual 'go-to' black ink is Memento Tuxedo Black. Love just how black it is, it dries quickly, and can use it for/on a number of different things. ;)

Kim Heggins said...

Ok Miss Happy Dance...this is just fabulous! I love the window at an angle and those colors are so soft and sweet and all the sequins...just perfect for a festive birthday card!

Lynn said...

I love the double stamped sentiment. Looks perfect. My favorite black is Hero Arts black...nice crisp clean images.

Marybeth said...

This is an awesome card ,I love the way you used the photo for inspiration.
I love versa mark black ink and Memento black

cm said...

An RC *stamp* order...I'm green with envy, not to mention doing all I can to exercise restraint! I, too, want some of their stamps, and ahem...a few dies. My budget says "no", while my want-need voice is nudging to yes. We'll see who wins (for now...). Your card: fabulous! Love the patterned papers tucked into their little cubes, and set at a jaunty angle. The stamp: fabulous! My black inks: versafine (crisp and so versatile), and Memento. Happy Friday, dear friend - and big hugs, especially for your sweet comments of late (and 'of always')
~c

Deepti said...

This is super stunning, I like the patterns and colors peeking through that window :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Like most commenters I use Versafine Onyx (love!) and Memento Tuxedo.
Very fun take on the Curtain Call!
Enjoy your weekend!

Bobby said...

Great take on the inspiration, Bev. I can see why you had to have that stamp. ;) I use Memento Tuxedo Black and Hero Arts India Ink Black. Both are crisp and dark and I use the Memento for finer sentiments.

Amy Sheffer said...

Fantastic take on the inspiration piece! Can't wait to see what other RC goodies you got! Another vote for Versafine Onyx black and Memento Tuxedo Black. I especially love the Versafine!

Tracey McNeely said...

Bev your card made me do the Happy Dance! I love those colours together. I always thought I should have had boy/girl twins!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

Anita in France said...

These colours are so yummy together, Bev ... perfect patterns, and so fabulous with the scattering of sequins! Love the double stamped NBUS *cough* sentiment! My go to black ink is Memento Tuxedo Black, love it! Jennifer McGuire has some black ink comparisons ... link below. Hugs, Anita :)

http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2013/11/my-favorite-crafty-things-inks-coloring-giveaways-discounts.html

Jessi Fogan said...

My go-to black ink is Memento Tuxedo Black for sure - I have a couple of others but that's the one I use the most. Palette Noir was my favourite before I started using alcohol markers & is great for sentiments.
I LOVE the layout of your card - and those fabulous colours!

Kylie said...

We all need a little splurge sometimes... Beautiful card - lovely colours and a great design. Inspiring! :)

Darnell said...

Yay, Bev, congratulations on winning one of the prizes at the fantastic Curtain Call celebration!! Hugs, Darnell