Sunday, July 27, 2014

SURPRISE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GERI!!!!!

Today is Miss Geri's birthday; she of Manitoba Stamper fame. One of the reigning queens of CAS, her cards and projects are incredible. An award winning card maker, Geri has talent beyond compare. Her CAS creations are always full of color and fun, and her designs are fantastic. So be sure you stop over there today and give her your best good wishes for a happy birthday! : ) Then after you've visited her blog, do come back, and party.

You know me, a birthday party is called for, even if it is only in cyberspace. So go put your party duds on, kick back, and party with us as we celebrate Geri. Are ya ready????!!! We'll pick the perfect party spot, and then we'll settle in with a few cocktail selections...


Wicker chairs from Target pull up to an antique pine table under a wisteria-covered pergola. What could be more lovely on a warm summer evening?


.Magical!

~This would be a lovely fall setting entertainment!

outdoor lighting

11 Ways to Throw a Victorian Garden Party

So you've picked your favorite venue, just multiply it by a bazillion so that we can all gather in one place. Thirsty work, picking just the right spot....I need a drink..join me? Then we'll toast the birthday girl!

Purple Haze Martini                                               1 oz. freshly squeezed pomegranate juice
1 1/2 oz. Hypnotiq®  - a great liquor
1 1/2 oz. pineapple juice shopping list
orange rind and apple slice for garnish shopping list

Mike's Sunrise  a pretty cocktail that involves Mikes hard Lemonade and a splash of grenadine...yes please!

Bold Berry Bling    1 1/2 oz Pucker Vodka Raspberry Rave  3 fresh blackberries  2-3 fresh basil leaves  1 oz soda  1 oz diet lemon-lime soda    Add ice to a cocktail shaker. Gently squeeze the juice from the blackberries and add berries to shaker. Tear basil into small pieces and add. Pour in vodka and shake vigorously. Add soda, lemon-lime soda and pour into a Collins glass.

At Spanish-born chef José Andrés’ U.S. restaurants, including the Washington, D.C.– and Las Vegas–based tapas bars called Jaleo, at least ten different variations on the gin and tonic are served. One of our favorites is this pretty version that’s dressed with whole pink peppercorns, citrus, and rosemary. A dry gin lets the aromatic garnishes shine.

Mmmmmm...cool and refreshing drinks to start us all off...but we'll need a little festive nourishment to go along with our drinks

Lil' Caprese


Hostess with the Mostess® - Modern Bridal Tea

no recipe, but awesome for an island adventure... Sushi with a bit of Strawberry. Fun and refreshing surprise!

Watermelon, feta, serranos, and Cilantro

Salmon and cream cheese puffs, great brunch item.

prawn cocktail

A few cookies or cupcakes before the REAL cake...

a modern take on the traditional sugar cookie  Photography by brittanylauren.net

Kids Birthday Party Ideas, Maternity Photography, Kids Crafts, Modern Nursery Decor, Family Blog | 100 Layer Cakelet

white bow with Tiffany Blue frosting perhaps?

Chocolate cake with berries - Beautiful. Covering a cake in solid chocolate is actually easy.  Spread tempered chocolate on acetate or parchment, then wrap it around a crumb-coated or fully, but smoothly frosted cake and tape (or seal with chocolate) the ends.  Set in fridge then gently peel off.

Martha Stewart cakes

Cake decoration - For you fondant enthusiast, circles galores.  fondant covered with nothing but different cookie cutter circles.  Very modern.  love it.

modern birthday cake - black and white stripes  www.sweetcakesbyrebecca.com

Winter, classic, elegant, cakes, nom, orange, details, floral, oragne, organic, outdoor, teal, yellow, wedding, Seattle , WA

YUM YUM!!! We are soooo lucky to be together as we celebrate Geri, and have all these delicious treats and birthday cakes, and not one calorie was consumed by any of us! Bonus!

It wouldn't be a birthday party without presents. Just as soon as I win the lottery, I'm getting these for Geri!

We'll start with a potted pond. Very cool.

Potted Ponds  -  Add a soothing water garden to your deck by creating one in a pot or raised bed. This delicate water lily makes a serene, inviting focal point. Repinned by www.claudiadeyongdesigns.com  READ THE BLOG on Container Water Gardens at www.thegardenspot.co.uk/my-blog/2013/06/planting-tips-and-ideas-for-a-container-water-garden.html

Looking for a petite pool to get started with water gardening? Search no farther than your tabletop. This yellowware bowl filled with a miniature water lily serves as a perfect centerpiece for outdoor dining.
(This one fits on a table top! She'll enjoy it year 'round!)

And since she lives fairly north, she'll need a nice warm coat...Hmmm, I think only mink will do

Carmen Dell'Orefice in a  mink coat, photographed by Virginia Thoren, 1957.Vintage fur. 1950's fashion

and one for "everyday" wear...
mink jacket


Did you know Geri, her DH, and son are doing some rehabbing? I think I should hire some helpers for her, don't you?

Handsome Worker by Mosuno Media

construction worker yumm

how often do you actually see a construction worker look like this,,.but our Toronto readers are keeping the faith that they do exist!

Wow!! Cake AND Beefcake! What a party!!

These guys look....well, pretty darn capable of handling the rehab, and I think that Geri should take her DH someplace special while the "construction crew", under the supervision of her son, do all the work. Let's see if we can find some interesting places to go....

Vacation spot! private balcony pools?? AWESOME

Maldives is the future #travel #addict

Nusa Dua - Picz Mania: http://www.pinterest.com/trinigyal42/my-hot-vacation-spots/

I think those will do the trick nicely, don't you? Pretty sure Geri would love to visit these places; I know I would! So I hope you enjoyed partying along. Don't forget to stop by her blog and wish her a very happy birthday.

To my bloggy buddy, Geri. Sending hugs for your birthday and best wishes today and always. You've touched my life, and the lives of many of us out here and speaking for me, my life is so much richer having you for a friend. May God bless and keep you all the days of your life.

I do have a card to share too. It's a complete and total CASE of one of her very own delightful creations. This is Geri's:



And my very own little tribute to Geri. Hope you can see the connection...


Neenah white base, scraps of cardstock, and some glitter (though you can't tell it here....) letters by Making Memories. TTFN. And happy (birthday) dances everyone.




14 comments:

Darnell said...

Oh, man, Bevie, where to start?! I think I'll start with the workerm, er, I mean your fabulous card which is a perfect CASE of Geri's fun graphic card! Seriously, excellent!! Each and every workerm, er, graphic had me drooling and I especially liked the workerm, er, wait. What were we talking about?

I'm sending you my cyber check for this extraordinary party planning!! Hugs, Darnell

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness...what an amazing party you have planned. So many yummy treats and those men...my oh my, where did you find them???
Now on to your cards...so fun and so perfect for Miss Geri.

Ardyth said...

Great case of Geri's card. I hang my head in shame as I completely forgot to participate, but will get something up for tomorrow. :-(

shirley-bee said...

You're the best party planner ever, Bev!! Great case of Geri's card, she'll log sit!

Susanne Vargas said...

Really, Bev, you throw the best parties! I am drooling on my keyboard - should have looked at this post after lunch... But where is your famous potato salad? ;) From now on we can't have a party without one!

Geri said...

Well dear friend...a huge, HUGE, HUGE thank you from the bottom of my heart! This is truly the best birthday party EVER!!!

Seriously...some 'yummy' looking tidbits of ummmm....eye candy!!! Your CASE of my card is beyond FABULOUS!!!

You've made my day waaaaaay beyond happy! Thank you - you're the best! Will chat later!

Kristie Goulet said...

Great case of Geri's card and awesome birthday party! xo

JD/ Jill said...

Amazing party! Will you host my next one? I'd be happy with just the delicious desserts (especially the chocoate) and a pool to swim in...

Both great cards you did a wonderful case of Geri's card

Anita in France said...

Well, my dear friend, you certainly did Geri proud with her party! There's so much to enjoy here ... the wonderful venues, luscious drinks, taste bud tickling food, truly awesome gifts ... and some interesting additional party guests! OK if I come casual too?? To top it all off, you've CASEd Geri so brilliantly and let her know so beautifully how special she is. You're such a sweetie, Bev ... we're all lucky to have you! Hugs, Anita :)

Joyce said...

Oh, lucky me. I have been so far behind on comments and blogs and sat down tonight to try to get caught up. And, what do I find but a fabulous party! Yay. Wonderful party, and I love the card you made in honor of the birthday girl. You do throw the very best parties.

Kylie said...

I need help 'round my home too... haha

Happy Birthday to Geri. As always, Bev, your tribute is as special as you are. And your card is gorgeous. Love the bright colours and the clear graphic look. :)

cm said...

Oh my oh my oh my...some mighty fabulous scenery and treats happening at this party *wink*! I took a look around my house and yes, yes indeed, I too need some reno help. Send those dudes my way...yummy (and of course you know I'm referring to the 'real' cakes, right??) You are the Queen of Parties, Event Planner Extraordinaire, and this shindig for Geri is top notch wonderful! Your card: awesome to the max! A delightful case of Geri's, infused with your special touches, style and love! You are just soooooo incredible, Bev...totally incredible!
Hugs~c

cm said...

Just read your comment on my wonky cake card: you crack me up!! Calorie-burning...hahahahahahaha!! Seems Darnell was a bit caught up in the same eye-candy, too! LOVE it!
Hugs~c

Deepti said...

You are the best when it comes to throwing a party :)
Love ur card ! I am sure Geri loved this party