Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Three cards today

Actually, there are four, but I decided not to post the fourth one. It's cute and for my grandson's 8th birthday, and maybe I'll post it at a later date. The first one will go into Jackie Rockwell's The Cutting Edge Challenge. She's brilliant and I'm loving this challenge. The amazing Melania Deasy has this amazing card, and when I first saw it, I knew I wanted to play! Check out the whole DT's cards too...fantastic!!!


Didn't you just fall in love with this card the minute you saw it??! I know I did! Here's my take:


Neenah white. SC 'birthday' die, 'happy' and 'asterisk' stamps, LF star stamps and star die. I used a variety of inks for these images and a scrap of blue underneath the 'birthday.' A couple of MME enamel dots. And that's it for this one. Looks wonky in the photo...and the 'happy' looks crooked...it's fine irl, *sigh*....

Next up, I really liked the sketch by Sam Simpson over at CAS(E) this Sketch. It's just wonderful, and wait till you see the cards by the DT!



I kept mine monochromatic. This one will go to a friend at church who recently lost her husband, and I want to check in on her. 


It's flat for mailing, even though I really, really wanted to pop the panel up. I wound gold thread around the panel and placed the little 'window' on top of the threads. I used my Spellbinders to make the window, and backed it with a teeny-tiny scrap of SC's Punchinella vellum. I found a gold leaf on my desk and adhered it to the corner, not sure where it came from but I'm pretty sure it's a Poppystamps die. The sentiment is from TT and used with Stampabilites gold ink.

And last...is my entry for The Card Concept Challenge. Cool summery colors. Mmmmmm....pretty!


I have a little rant before I show you my card. This one is for a special friend's birthday. Like you, I wouldn't give this to anyone if it weren't just perfect. But no matter how many times I photographed it, or how much editing I did, this one won't show as 'perfect.' If only someone could invent a "brain camera" - one that takes the exact photo that shows up in my brain... Stopping now...

I'm calling this one CAS, but if the DT wants it to be a CAL card, then that's fine with me! : )



Started with Neenah white. The silver flowers are from an old pack of HL stickers. I laid the strip of stickers on the white panel and colored them in with a Copic marker and a Kaiserfusion marker. The sentiment is from TT, using ME Smoke ink. The blue mat is from an unknown source, and I love it and wish I knew who made it!! Some diamond blings for the centers and that's all for this one. 

Whew!! Hope you made it this far and I also hope that your day is full of happy dances.



26 comments:

Nandini said...

Very pretty cards! I liked the floral one. But the gold one is my absolute favourite! So elegant!

Deepti said...

Looks like u have been pretty busy creating all these beauties :) I love u clean and simple cards, the last one is my fav! I will wait for the cute card and a very happy birthday to ur grandson !

Krisha said...

WOW! Gorgeous cards!

Tracey McNeely said...

Bev how do you find the time! Awesome projects, love the colours of your Cutting Edge, the gold thread I am sure is gorgeous IRL, lovely card for your friend. Your Card Concept is so pretty and I call it CAS but I also feel that CAS and CAL live together, In My Creative Opinion--ha ha ha! Happy Dances to you too my friend!

Jean said...

Thanks so much for joining us at The Cutting Edge Challenge with your fabulous take on the inspiration card!

Lynn said...

Taking a break from work (don't tell) to enjoy your gorgeous creations Bev. I am in LOVE with your last card. Love them all, but seriously...the last one! My CAS loving heart is going a serious happy dance...swoon.

Marybeth said...

Bev,these are all wonderful! Yes, I love that card from CE and I totally forgot about it! Your birthday card is a beautiful take on inspiration card Flat for mailing is good! I always want to add more though . Nice work my friend.

Anita in France said...

Oh my, Bev, you've been busy ... these are all so fabulous! There's so much energy in the colours and shapes of your birthday card, the gold on white is so serene and elegant, and the sweet line of daisies is swoon worthy. Love, love, love it! You could link the last one up to Keep It Simple, they have a sticker theme at the moment! Hugs, Anita :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Boy, a post with three gorgeous cards! I think my favorite is the last one - those colors are so summery! I really want to play in this challenge, too! We'll see what happens...

Lyn said...

Three gorgeous cards <3

Kay Miller said...

What fabulous cards! You have been busy! Love the little blue and green border of flowers on the card concept one! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

Aileen said...

Bev, three beautiful cards. Lucky I dont have to pick which I like most cause I like them all. Love your style. Such simplicity when you look at each I would probably sit there for days trying to decide how to keep it so simple.

Craftychris said...

They are all fabulous cards! All so different and all so cool! xx

Craftychris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kylie said...

How do you do it, Bev? Sometimes it takes me two days to make a card and here you are sharing three amazing cards in one day! I want to come over and play with you. lol :)

Melissa said...

Wow, Bev! You've been busy being brilliant! :)
Yes, I fell in love with Melania's pretty card too, but yours is just as happy and lovely!!! Love that big ole scripty birthday greeting in blue (my fav. color)!
I really like the simplicity of your second card. As you probably already know, all that beautiful white space has me sighing a dreamy sigh. :)
Your little rant regarding your third card is a common one, I'd say. Those darn cameras just won't cooperate...and neither do computers. Even if the camera wouldn't capture your card quite like you see it, I think it's rather lovely! Honestly, I'd never have guessed those were stickers! You could've told us that was some silver embossing and I'd never have called you on it! :) Simple beauty!!!
Thank you for all your kind comments on my blog. Your visits always bring a smile to my face! :)

Patti said...

Wow! I love your cards!! each one is remarkable : )

Patti

cm said...

Ummm...put me down for one 'brain camera' - or maybe two, just in case the 'brain' doesn't work quite right all the time (how funny are you!!). Your cards are awesome in triplicate! Love the vibrant cheeriness of the first, the sweet simplicity - and especially the 'essence' of the second (checking in on your friend...incredibly heart-warming), and the floral funky fun of the third. Delights all around, indeed, my dear friend! I'm still puzzling out card ideas for your two inspiration challenges...I'm needing a 'ping', so if you have a spare, I have a spot! Hugs~c

Kim S said...

A brain camera would be brilliant. My pictures never look like the one in my mind - or really even the one that is right in front of my eyes!!

Each of your cards is just right. I love the cheerful birthday colors with stars and asterisks. The sympathy card is absolutely right - elegant, yet kind of "empty" in a way. And the cheerful silver flowers are lovely in their bright blues and greens.

Ardyth said...

Three beautiful cards! I love the silver outline of your blue and green flowers - so great to see you at the Card Concept!

Chriss Blagrave said...

A beautiful trio of cards! I didn't know that the flowers were stickers, perfect colours and nice CAS

Lindsey said...

Love Melania's card AND your take on it. You did a fantastic job. And what a brilliant way to use stickers on the last card...I thought it was a die cut strip. :)

Darnell said...

I love it when you do an Inspiration Parade, Bevie!! Way to rock the challenges with all these marvelous designs!! My favorite is that bold birthday in all those yummy summery colors!! Hugs, Darnell

Chrissy Larson said...

What wonderful cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

3 fabulous CAS cards. I love the little daisy one. What a clever way to use those stickers.
Caroline xxx

Geri said...

Finally finding time to do a quick visit to all my pals to see the fun I've missed these past few days! Three SWELL cards....gloriously CAS!!! Adore the card you made for your grandson!