Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A card for CAS(E) this Sketch

I know, I know. First I don't post in what seemed to me to be a life time, then I'm going on a daily basis. This card was made on my crafty getaway with the BABES. Tomorrow we'll all be posting photos of our trip, and each of us has (at least I'm pretty sure we do) different photos, so be sure to stop in at Ardyth's, Anita's, Darnell's, Geri's and Kim's blogs and see what we were all up to.

So while we were having a blast, I happened upon the sketch at CTS. Love at first sight, and really, really wanted to play. I also wanted to use the stamps and dies that Geri had with her for this card. I like the simplicity of this card and am quite happy with the results.


Very cool.


I'm fairly certain that the roses stamps and coordinating dies are from Sizzix. I used a scrap of pink, and cut a flag with my MFT die to stamp the sentiment from Jillibean Soup. I think it works really well with the whimsical flowers. It's popped up a bit. And with that, it's onto more laundry and a multitude of other things today. You'll see me tomorrow for sure! Happy dances everyone.

19 comments:

Hannelie said...

Oh YES! I have this set and never even thought of using it this way!
It's beautiful Bev!

Ardyth said...

Just as beautiful as it was in real life!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful CAS card. Karen x

Marybeth said...

I bet you girls had a blast , how fun! I absolutely love your pink card!

Jacquie Southas said...

This soft, whimsical flower is perfect for the challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

How beautiful is this Bev!, love the simplicity of your card, those flowers are fabulous!

Deepti said...

You lucky ladies, will look forward to the photos :) Your card is utterly adorable :) subtle pink and white looks awesome!

Aileen said...

Bev, what a beautiful card. Love this idea, really is eye catching.

Darnell said...

Well, you little stinker, looking up challenges and making your cards work for them while we were together! Why didn't I think of that? Don't answer that! (If only Hammy hadn't spent the whole time playing with Snowflake and chasing after Canadian geese!) Your beautiful card is perfect for the sketch! Hugs, Darnell

Susanne Vargas said...

I also love this sketch and your take on it is so pretty and soft! Love it!

Lynn said...

Looking forward to seeing the pictures tomorrow. Love the delicate feel of these flowers Bev.

Kristie Goulet said...

So beautiful, Bev! Looking forward to the pictures. :)

donna mikasa said...

Simply sweet take on the sketch, Bev! Love the pinks!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet & pretty! I love your take on the sketch!

Michelle said...

Super pretty, Bev! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Anita in France said...

Oooh, Bev, it was beautiful then and it's beautiful now ... just the most delightful, sweet blooms! Can you tell I'm just getting back to blogland after our amazing adventure? In grand catch up mode! Hugs, Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my...I have seen this card before and it looks just as stunning and beautiful in person as it does on your blog. Such a sweet card and I am in love with those pink posies, just too cute and what a wonderful way to say thank you.

Kylie said...

Such a pretty card! I love the beautiful colours and those pretty posies are just so lovely!

cm said...

Pretty posies posing perfectly! LOVE this!
Hugs~c