Thursday, January 8, 2015

Not talking about it...

Nope. Not gonna talk about the weather. Just going to dive right into the heart of the post. A card. A card for a challenge. A new/old challenge. What used to be called the Wednesday Stamp Club and had previously been found on the MFT blog is now the Wednesday Sketch Challenge, and has it's very own new home at the MFT Challenge and Inspiration Blog. Go check out the more than fabby DT, and see that Susan Opel is new Creative Ambassador there! Come on....play along, it'll be fun, I promise! : )

Here's the sketch, and it's a good one. I've got so many ideas for this one....


I went with a baby card. Don't have a clue as to why, but I did.


Even though I'm not specifically talking about the weather, let's just say by way of explanation that we've no sun today, and so my photo looks blah. It's so pretty irl! Went with pinks, browns, and gold. Started with a Michaels white base, and the gold bits are from Michaels too. Scraps of pink and brown papers. All my dies, flags, crown border, and pierced rectangle, are MFT. Used a Pebbles nest and some Gina K. stamps for the sentiment. A little gold thread 'nested' behind my sentiment and that's it. So, go forth and happy dance everyone!

15 comments:

Bobby said...

What a darling baby card, Bev. I love that gold border and I need to get some of that gold thread. It makes such a statement. Keep warm and craft on! :)

Deepti said...

This is so cute, I love the entangles gold thread behind the sentiment :)

Susanne Vargas said...

What an adorable baby card! Love the nest and, of course, the messy thread!

Geri said...

Weather? Sounds like you are 'enjoying' the same -8888 balmy temps that we are currently 'enjoying'!

But this sweet, wee baby card sporting the most amazing colors and sproinkyness warms me from the inside out! I love the crown border...I don't think that I have seen this before - it's gorgeous! Sweet creation dear friend :)

Hannelie said...

I want to talk about our weather! Winter here is THE BEST! Time to be outside ;)
I love your card today Bev! You used the sketch so beautiful! Love the perfect touches of detail!
Hugs to you
xxx

Susan R. Opel said...

It WILL be fun! And it looks like you had a lot of fun making this baby card.

I so enjoy your funny stream of consciousness banter. Totally endearing!

Brenda said...

What a cute baby card Bev! I love the color combo of this one, who doesn't love pink, brown and gold together?? We did have some very nice sunshine today. It is now 4 degrees here, but I'm ready to snuggle down under the covers and get toasty. lol Hugs, Brenda

PiecesbyEmily said...

Super sweet. Love tone on tone pink!

Kylie said...

I was so happy when I saw Susan Opel was taking on a role with MFT! What a fab fit! I haven't tackled the sketch yet but it is on my to-do list...might not bother after seeing yours. lol So sweet! Your card makes me think a little princess has just been born...and I guess all parents feel that way about their bubba's. So darling, Bev! xx

I Card Everyone said...

Darling little nest... mine? not so darling here, Bev... stop sending that stuff over the Lake, 'kay?
=] M

Tracey McNeely said...

Awesome card Bev, love the crown border so much. I hope I find energy to play that challenge. Being sick has kicked the...poop out of me. ;)

Anita in France said...

So completely adorable, Bev ... awesome crown border and the most delicious colours ... and you know I'm going to love that nesting thread! Keep warm and cosy, dear friend! Bisous Bisous, Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

Miss Bev...you are just so so funny. Not talking about the weather, good thing you do not teach in my classroom, that is all we are talking about!
Your card is just so sweet and any new mom will be in love with this. Love all the sweet pink, just beautiful.
Not much longer for baseball....

Veronica Z said...

I enjoyed your blog post and your sweet sweet card! Thank you for playing along with the MFT Sketch Challenge!

cm said...

A card to celebrate new life and oh, how my heart is melting over how utterly adorable it is! Sweet colours, and that little nest...love it! Makes me think about spring...oops, I mentioned weather! No, wait! Spring is a season, so whew! Happy sighing over this darling gem, my friend!
Hugs~c