Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Silly Stuff

Been busy with what seems to me to be silly stuff. Taking down Christmas decorations, doing laundry, grocery shopping, getting a haircut....And it's cutting into my crafting time! Hate that!! So I resolved this morning to blast through some of the chores (I did them well, no half-hearted attempts or shortcuts...) and get to the fun part of the day. Mission accomplished!

Have you noticed all the 'first-of-the-new-year' challenges loading up this week? I've got tons of ideas and can't wait play along with more. For today, I'm playing along with Merry Monday, I'm pretty sure it's my first time over there, but once you see the inspiration photo, you'll totally get why! That and good friend Ardyth is GD there...check out her awesome card. And for the first time in I don't know how long, I'm playing along with Make it Monday. Over at MIM, we're to concentrate on the corner of our cards...Had a ping for that, and it worked out for both challenges.

Copy our badge for your blog.



And Make it Monday....

19


This was my little ping:


As hard as I tried to get the blue to lighten up in the photograph, no dice. Think a shade or two lighter... this was pretty QACAS, to quote dear Darnell. Brown mat from a scrap, a scrap of aquamarine-ish on a Michaels white cardstock base. I used PTI's Wet Paint with Ranger's Archival Ink in Potting Soil. I ripped the legs off some ancient brads (did you hear them scream?), and used some glue dots to adhere them to the blue cardstock. And that's it. I didn't have any PTI flower stamps, and since I have a teeny-tiny rebel streak in me, I wanted to be different - so I thought out of the box a bit. Hope it counts! The blue is gorgeous in real life, and I'm liking this look. Happy dances everyone.

P.S. I will do my utmost to get caught up on comments asap. 


19 comments:

Anita in France said...

Seriously cool, Bev ... the stamping's so perfect and precise ... and I love the balance of those gorgeous colours! Think I have some similar brads (they'll turn up in the sort out) ... must try that tearing the legs off trick ... the dimension's fabulous! Bisous Bisous, Anita :)

Shelly said...

This is so sweet! Love the 'wet paint' thanks! I've taken the legs off some brads before, too! Works out great, right?! ;)

Lynn said...

Oh I love the fabulous movement on this card Bev. My crafty mind has been going at full speed with all the challenges...wish it was like that all the time. I crafted a ton over the weekend...but it is back to work reality during the week :(

Ardyth said...

I love how the snow directs your eye towards the repeated sentiment! Great take on the inspiration! Cold but no snow here (but now that I said it out loud, you know what's going to happen, right?)

Bonnie said...

I love the sentiment along the corner and the sweet snowflakes! Thanks for stopping by Merry Monday! Hope to see you again soon!

Susanne Vargas said...

I would say that this was a very successful ping as it resulted in this awesome card! Love the color combo, too!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Love your CAS design, Bev! Those PTI dies are my fav, too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

Kim Heggins said...

So so cute and just the perfect thank you card. I love your take on the Merry Monday card, so so pretty. Pale blue and Brown look amazing together and you totally nailed it! I know what you mean about getting all your chores done before you can play...my Christmas decoration are finally put away and then back to work, not much time to play but I plan to be better organized this year.
Again, fabulous card sweetie pie...so what do you think about the 4 guys that will be inducted to the Hall of Fame?

Darnell said...

I think it was genius to combine these two of the many challenges out there right now, Bevie, and it's a genius ping, at that! Your colors are perfect for the cupcake photo inspiration!! I'm assuming our card is for a Christmas thank you! Guess who linked up at Merry Monday CHRISTMAS challenges with a BIRTHDAY card. Oh hahaha, Bama is getting too old for this at times! I changed my post, but wasn't it sweet that none of the girls over there chided me about being such a dilbert!! Have a great rest of the week!! Mwah! Darnell

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the Merry Monday inspiration photo and the way you used the colors & snowflakes are perfect!

Deepti said...

Cool! I like the diagonal stamping of the sentiment :)

Brenda said...

You pulled off both challenges wonderfully Bev! I love the colors in the cupcake inspiration photo and you have gotten those colors spot on with your card! I love the second inspiration card and love how you did your corners of your card, it just looks so unique and interesting to the eye! Love, love it! And no I didn't hear the brads scream as you ripped their legs off. lol I have the same ancient brads. lol Hugs, Brenda

Kim S said...

LOVE your corner!!

Nancy Penir said...

Bev, I love how you used a word as your colorful corner feature. Great card, for both challenges!

Geri said...

You've totally captured the 'movement' of the cupcakes (similar to a curvy stairway) with the snowflakes 'moving' into the angled words! Really, really a cool effect! Awesome cards rebel friend!

I really, really want one of those cupcakes!

Kylie said...

It may be simple but it is totally lovely! I love the font for the 'thanks' - how darling is that!! Totally love that you've ripped the back off the brads too. I did that a few years ago and then stopped. You've inspired me to dig back into my brads stash - thank you! :)

Danielle Flanders said...

I'm glad you thought out of the box, love it when people do that! Super cute design!
Danielle

Wendy said...

Your card is gorgeous & yummy wrapped into one, Bev! Love the blues & chocolates together! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

cm said...

BEV!! Hello, my lovely friend! I'm finally here to add comments to all the gazing and admiring I've done (and drooling, in the case of that yummy chocolate cupcake!). Your posts have lifted me up exponentially these past days, and your note..oh my! I'll be writing back soon...you may need a cupcake to keep yourself energized while you read! Anyway: focusing on YOUR card now: Oh yeah, baby! An innovative take on the PTI challenge, and a perfect take on the MM. Net result: adding my voice to the others cheering and applauding your fabulous creation! Truly clever!
Hugs galore,
~c