Monday, March 23, 2015

Under the Wire

I'm barely making it in over at CASology today. Had a busy weekend, plus the NCAA tournaments were on TV, and I had to watch a granddaughter play via webcast (her team won the consolation round of the LBAA National basketball tournament - middle school). Had these cards set to go, just no time to get a post done. So without further ado, I will get to the task at hand.

First up is my card for CASology. Somehow I think if I put this one in first, I won't miss the deadline. Makes no sense, as it won't go in until I finish this post and publish it, but that's how my silly brain works.... Anyway...the Cue Card for this challenge is "blossom."


And I've definitely got one here:


This bloom is from the AE Petals and Stems set, and the sentiment is from Oh Happy Day all on a Michaels white base and scrap. I used some Colorbox ink for the bloom, and some old Rubber Stampede purple ink for the center and the sentiment. Not sure why I chose purples, but I did. I added some Doodlebug flower sequins on and off the ME die cut mat, and I popped it up with some foamy stuff from HL. It's soft and gentle irl.

Next up is a card for Avery Elle's AEIHEARTU Challenge, where we're to use stripes. Don't have to ask me twice. Next to polka dots, I love stripes best. Must be the orderliness of them....Anyway, I'll show you what I've made now. And there's still time for you to play along, so fire up those AE stamps and join me in the gallery!

Challenge 22



Stripes, check. All stamps are from AE, naturally... For this I started with a Michaels white base, the panel,  and a bit for the polaroid camera. After coloring with Copics, I found matchy-matchy scraps of pink, yellow and blue in the big ol' scrapbox, and set them at an angle. Cut the focal panel out with my ME die and added a black mat. Fussy cut the camera, added some GA, and then stamped the sentiment. Didn't have the right color of yellow sequin, so I colored one with a Sharpie. The pink sequin also matches, but it's off-color in this photo. I popped the camera up a bit just for fun. This will make one of my teenage granddaughters happy. And with that, I've got two more cards to make and mail today. Happy dances everyone!!


20 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

It sure looks like you are getting in the Springtime spirit! Love your purple flower card - especially that curved sentiment. I also like the rainbow explosion going on in your second!

Ardyth said...

Love these bright cards! Your big blossom is a perfect harbinger of spring and the polaroid with the 'rainbow' is lovely and graphic! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Your blossom card is so pretty! I'm not a purple person, but yours go with white card base. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology. Hugs, May (Oh, congrats on your granddaughter team's win! You must proud of her!)

lostinpaper said...

Purple is my fave colour but one that I find difficult to use in cards, you have totally rocked it!

~amy~ said...

Love your springy cards...the purple bloom is beautiful...LOVE the rainbow of your 2nd one.

Nancy Guse said...

That purple flower is dreamy, Bev and that polaroid camera is so fun with the bright colors!

Joyce said...

So very happy that you got this purple beauty posted before the deadline. The flower is so pretty and I like how the sentiment matches. Gorgeous purple confetti, too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bev!! Super cute card. I love that purple flower. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASology.

Kara Lynne said...

Your purple bloom is gorgeous and the sentiment looks like it was made to sit right under it! I love your colorful stripes with the camera. I've seen you knock out teen cards before and you are a pro!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful purple blooms...so lovely Miss Bev! And your second card is just so fun...love those bright strips! Thank you again for the wonderful birthday party last week, I had a blast!

Darnell said...

Your lavender is such a perfect blossom color for spring, Bevie! It's a winning card in my eyes! And I really adore the camera card, too! The colors and the rainbow stripe ROCK!! Your teenage GD will swoon over it!! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Lara said...

oh my goodness Bev, I love the flower and love love the polaroid camera with the rainbow.

Bobby said...

I love that camera with it's striped background, Bev. So bright and cheerful and perfect for a teen. Your purple bloom is a wonderful "happy day" greeting for Spring.

Geri said...

Happy to hear that you made it in the door before it closed, cuz this flower is gorgeous! The bold design and the bold purple are a PERFECT match! Cool idea to add the smattering of darker purple flowers!

This 'flashy' Polaroid is definitely going to be a hit with one of the teenagers! How could it not be? The colors are cool, the design is cool, the blings are cool and most important, the lady that made it is THE coolest eva!

BTW, what is the number/name of the yellow Copic that you used? The one I have looks green!

Brenda said...

A big Congrats to your granddaughter, you must be very proud Bev!! I love your big purple bloom, so pretty and spring like. The little flower sequins are perfect on this card. I love, love the insta camera card, it's so fun and very hip-any teen would love this card. Hugs, Brenda

Martha said...

Bev, both cards are lovely! I love the pretty purple.

Marybeth said...

Oh..... I sure love that purple bloom, its gorgeous! The polaroid is so darling with the bright stripes, very creative!
How fun to watch your GD and congrats on her win.
I remember the days we did what ever we could to listen to our SIL play football , sometimes it was on tv and something we just listened on the computer if we didn’t go to the out of state games. Fun times , as you well know.

Lorraine Marasigan said...

This is great! And, I'm sure your granddaughter will love it. Thank you for joining the fun over at the AEI♥U Challenge:)

Anita in France said...

I'm late, Bev ... so late ... so sorry! How brilliant to watch your granddaughter and her team ... congratulations on their win! Your cards are fantastic ... a fun, bright and vibrant camera with those delicious stripes ... and oh my, that purple bloom (from one of my fave sets!) ... so gorgeously velvety and rich and luscious ... and sweet with those teeny flowers! I'll be back!! Miss you! Hugs & Bisous, Anita :)

cm said...

Your big purple bloom, paired with that marvelous sentiment font, is gorgeous, Bev! The wee darker flowers add such a special touch! Such incredible prettiness. Stripes, the polaroid, the #sentiment: your granddaughter will be head-over-heels in love with this, as am I! The heart: perfect! Yes, indeed, a most outstanding card, made by an outstanding Grandma!
Hugs~c