Sunday, September 13, 2015

Getting an Early Start

Whew! I'm starting this post before getting ready for church this morning, and we'll just see if I can type and edit fast enough to post it before leaving. Last week I was super busy, and had little time in the craft room, and little time to even sit in front of the computer and see what you've all been up to. My upcoming week should leave me a bit more time for both! Looking forward to some craft time. Had planned a full afternoon of cardmaking yesterday, but got sidelined by a migraine. Crossing my fingers that today is better.

I wanted to give a shout out to those who voted my feathered card for Muse as one of the three top-picks. Thank you so much for that. Carol provided such a lovely example, and I'm so inspired by this wonderful community. Thanks friends.

The birthday card I made for Hannelie, and which I popped into TYI was also an HM. Thanks ladies! I'm delighted to have had my special little Hannelie card chosen. Thank you!

OH!! Guess what??!! The city finally finished the sewer and water construction on my street, and laid two layers of asphalt down on Friday! That means no more construction dust, and I can get back to work on the credenza for my craft room! I'm so happy! Just a few coats of paint, a custom cut glass top, and done. I'm picky though. I will sand in between coats of paint and make it look nice. And the glass will wait until I get some strong fellas to move this behemoth into my craft room. Luckily, it's a straight shot from the patio doors into here. Then a bit of reorganizing, and I'll have some photos to share. Can't wait to get it done!!

Didn't quite get this post done this morning... But stopping the chatter now, I do have a card or two to share today. One for Muse, and another for Darnell's NBUS Challenge.  Joan made this fun card for us to muse upon, and I naturally fell in love with the polka dots. I picked up a bit of the red and black as well.



Darnell!!!

My Muse card:


First, that "pink" star is really yellow and I have no clue as to why it photographed pink...Go figure. I used a scrap of yellow polkie dot paper, which is one of my ultra favorite papers, and I'm trying not to hoard the remainder. Scrap of black and some Michaels white. The stamps are all SC with Versafine black ink. Star sequins, and some PPP ribbon. This card looks so fun in real life. Sometime photos just don't translate...

And another NBUS packed card! WooHoo Miss D!!!!


I ordered this set a bit ago. Saved it for Darnell's challenge! All RC stamps and 'gator die, and how cute are they??!! All the patterned papers are old SU, and the white is, of course, Michaels. I did a little coloring with Copics on the cake. And MFT dies. So I'll stop for now. I've got those chores to get to, and I do want to do some visiting at your blogs yet today. Happy dances everyone! 


24 comments:

Barb said...

Two lovely cards from you again Bev. I'm amazed that's a yellow star but it looks great red anyway. That 'gator is a really cute little chap. I've not seen him anywhere before. Barbxx

Tracey McNeely said...

Two cutie patooties today Bev. Your Muse card is fantastic. The alligator looks like he wants some cake! That you for sharing with us as Muse!

Ardyth said...

Sweet cards, Bevie! Love the stars on the first - if they're shiny, sometimes they just catch the light and reflect in different colours I think! Very cheery and fun! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Lynn said...

Yahoo. So happy the construction is done. And I can't wait to see the craft room when the credenza is finished. Wish I knew how to paint furniture. Now let's chat about your two beauties. Love love love those polka dots! And the alligator...so cute!

Nora Noll said...

Yeah for you that construction is done!!! I love your beautiful cards. The first one is fantastic, with the sentiment and the fun sequins. I love the second one with that alligator. Great designs!!

Susanne Vargas said...

The first card is so cheerful with the yellow polka dots and the alligator card made me chuckle, it's so fun!

Karen M said...

Love both your gorgeous cards Bev and the alligator is so cute! xx

Marilyn said...

Wonderful take on the MUSE.

Geri said...

Okay...so the polkie dots and your yellow star that looks pink...is one FABULOUS card! The wee snippeg of B & W chevron ribbon is awesome. Love how you slanted "celebrate" and the panel! Yep...winner, winner!

Your second card is the BEST guy card ever! Seriously, the colors, the hounds tooth print, the sentiment, the DP background all add up to one fab he-man card!

Nice to hear that your street is finally done! How long was it? About 100 years? Looking forward to seeing pics of your finished credenza! I bet it looks really cool!

I Card Everyone said...

LOve the yellow polkas, Bev, your Muse card is darling from polkas to sequins and every word between! I've been just crushin' on that little Ali Gator! You've saved him for the best... and why, oh why, am I forgetting that NBUS challenge!?!
=]

Anita in France said...

Your Muse card looks really fun from over here too, Bev ... seems to me for all the world to be happy dancing ... gorgeous, gorgeous! Oh, that little alligator ... he's adorable, all dressed up in his Sunday best, ready to party! Yay for the road works being finished ... yay for no dust (want some of ours?) ... and yay for getting your credenza and craft room finished (soon!). Photo's will be fab! Hope the migraines stayed away, my lovely friend! Hugs & bisous, bisous, Anita :)

Aileen said...

Very nice Bev, love that bit of ribbon on the Muse card and that alligator is really neat. So good of you to keep it for Darnelles challenge. I've done the same myself.

Joan B said...

So cute. Both cards are great. Love those polka dots!! and the dino is adorable! Thanks for playing at Muse this week. I am honored!

Bobby said...

Another couple of darlings, Bev. I love the sentiments on the celebrate card and the DP that you used on the alligator card.

Laura Norris said...

Great take on Joan's MUSE card - it was a beauty wasn't it? And your little gator is soooo cute!! Love the sentiment with it too! I'm excited to see some photos of your progress now that the dust has settled!

Marybeth said...

I am sure you are seeing a dr about so many migraines. I am so sorry you have so many.
Happy the street work is over and you can enjoy the fall. Congratulations on all your winning card! Loved the tyi card.
Ok these cards are just perfect! Love that little gator on the last one. Praying for a pain free week for you dear freind.

Stella said...

Hope you did not get more migraine and feeling well. I am in awe of your polka dotted card; wow!

Joyce said...

These cards are both so wonderful. I think I am in love with that little alligator and how he is so skillfully balancing that cake on his nose.

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my...two fabulous and fun cards. I love your sweet little critter, just adorable. Hope you are doing well, miss you lots.

Becca Cruger said...

Well I certainly hope that migraine settled it's ugly head back down! Your cards are beyond delightful! That little paper-pieced alligator made me grin from ear to ear - my smile was aaaalmost as big as his was. And your MUSE card is adorable... but now I'm going to have Miley stuck in my head all day. Sorry I haven't been by in a bit - I'm in the process of moving so will be in and out of the bloggy world for the next two weeks while I pack and haul and... Sigh.... Move.

Hannelie said...

... and some more lovely inspiration!
LOVE!!!

Joyce said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Bev. I hope you are doing happy dancing all day.

cm said...

Yayyy for the construction dust disappearing! Wish that would happen here, but given we live across from two construction companies, that's 100% unlikely! If it's not dust, it's the roar of the gravel trucks, the cement trucks, the hauling trucks...
Another delightful duo! Your polkie-dots, sentiment and stars = fun! And your patterned 'gator...oh my! How cute is he with the cake perched on his nose! Love it!
Hugs~c

Kylie said...

Yay for no more construction! Yay for creating two such sensation cards but BOOOOO For chores. Your time is much better spent creating such beauties for us to ooh and aah over! lol Wouldn't it be good if we didn't have to do chores and could actually do that. :)